Monday, May 30, 2005

Forget Avignon.... It's the Kansas Papacy

In the name of due praise, I have to admit one of my guilty pleasures: the "News Bytes" articles on CWNews.com. They really do find amazing stuff. And the story of one of their kindred might just be the best yet....

This gem from the AP chronicles Pope Michael I, a 45 year-old shopkeeper (and former SSPX-er, until he was too borderline even for them) elected by a conclave of six, his parents and then-girlfriend among them, in 1990. His mom compares him to Jesus and he declares that all of heaven and purgatory are with him....

"My home is Rome," he said - then added with a laugh, "but I don't see getting there until Benedict XVI moves out of my apartment."


Look, no matter what one feels, you've gotta give the libs and the progs their due. At least they acknowledge the Pope as the Pope. Between the Levada theatrics and this, it's the loud cons who want Ratzi out.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the church turned upside-down. I never thought it'd be so tough to right-side it.

-30-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home